1. Response: We have not decided on the location at this time. We plan to make the training location as central to the selected teams as possible.
2. Response: No, there should be only one person in each category and all categories should be filled. Yes, each assessment team should be fully defined. Simply showing a few people in each category is not adequate. Note that Section I of the FOA states; ‘Organizations may submit multiple applications for more than one assessment team’. Only one team should be proposed per application.
3. Response: There is no required order for submission of the documents. It is a requirement that all items listed must be submitted, and all items must be labeled using the naming conventions provided.
4. Response: No, “Project” refers to the assessment activities of the proposed team and not to particular facilities. Section I of the FOA provides a summary of project purpose and objectives. Proposing a facility for assessment is preferred but not essential. For each hydropower facility proposed for assessment, the applicant must provide the facility details per ‘Appendix C – Hydropower Facility Data Sheet’ and a letter of commitment from the facility owner. If facilities are not proposed by the assessment team applications, DOE will assign facilities to the selected teams.
5. Response: “Project” refers to the assessment activities of the proposed team and not to particular hydropower facilities proposed for assessment. Per the FOA, each application can propose only one team, which will complete multiple assessments within an 18-month period. Section I. of the FOA provides a summary of project purpose and objectives.
6. Response: The FOA does not specify who letters of recommendation should come from. It will be up to the Merit Review Panel to evaluate the relevance of the letters submitted.